This is a guide on how to enrol the agent when faced with the error "Agent is not enrolled" when running the doctor command.
- Run the doctor command to make sure this is applicable to the device in question. You should see the below error :
- Make sure you are getting the "Agent is not enrolled" message by running the doctor command.
- Mac -
- Open terminal (easiest way is cmd + space bar & search for 'terminal')
sudo /usr/local/vanta/vanta-cli doctor
- Hit 'Return'. It may ask you for a password (use the password you have to download apps or to open your computer)
- Windows -
- Search for cmd.exe in the search bar. Right-click and select “run as administrator.”
C:\ProgramData\Vanta\vanta-cli doctorand press
- Mac -
The below command will need to be run in:
Windows - Command Prompt Window or Mac - The terminal.
vanta-cli register --secret=YOURAGENTSECRET --email=YOUR_EMAIL
vanta-cli register --secret=1232131231asdasd --email@example.com
The agent secret can be provided to you by your admin.
Your admin can go to the Computers page -> unmonitored -> Look for the VANTA_KEY.
- Once the relevant information has been entered into the above command format, run the command.