This is a guide on how to enrol the agent when faced with the error "Agent is not enrolled" when running the doctor command.
- When troubleshooting the Vanta Agent, running the built-in troubleshooting tool called doctor returns the following error message:
Running checkup: Check Vanta endpoint metadata
ERROR: Agent is not enrolled.
X Checkup failed. See above for what went wrong.
- Your company's Vanta Key (Only Vanta admins and editors have access to this information within Vanta)
- Make sure you are getting the "Agent is not enrolled" message when running the doctor command prompt.
To run the doctor:
- Mac -
- Open terminal (easiest way is cmd + space bar & search for 'terminal')
sudo /usr/local/vanta/vanta-cli doctor
- Hit 'Return'. It may ask you for a password (use the password you have to download apps or to open your computer)
- Windows -
- Search for cmd.exe in the search bar. Right-click and select “run as administrator.”
C:\PROGRA~1\Vanta\vanta-cli doctorand hit 'Return'
- Mac -
- Locate the company's Vanta Key, This can be provided to you by your admin.
- Run the below command prompt in your terminal, replacing 'VANTA_KEY' with the key from the previous step, and 'YOUR_EMAIL' with the email for the device's primary user:
C:\PROGRA~1\Vanta\vanta-cli register --secret=VANTA_KEY --email=YOUR_EMAIL
- For example:
C:\PROGRA~1\Vanta\vanta-cli register --secret=1232131231asdasd --firstname.lastname@example.org