This is a guide on how to manually install the Vanta Agent on a Windows device using a command line.
- Administrator permissions on the device. If you do not have administrator access to your computer, You must contact the system administrator or IT team of your company.
- Vanta Admin permissions, or assistance from your Vanta Admin to obtain the Vanta Key. We are unable to give it to you since the key is confidential information.
The Vanta key must be obtained by your administrator from the computers page and provided to you. Here's how your admin can retrieve the Vanta key:
- Visit the Computers page -> Unmonitored tab
- Select 'View setup instructions'
- Select 'Option 3: MDM and Vanta Agent'
- Follow the direction for Windows
- Launch Command Prompt in administrator mode.
- In Command Prompt, copy and paste the following command to download the latest installation file
curl -Lo vanta.msi https://app.vanta.com/osquery/download/windows
The installer will be downloaded and placed in the C: WindowsSystem32 directory.
- Locate the company's Vanta Key, This can be provided to you by your admin.
- Run the below command prompt in your terminal, replacing 'VANTA_KEY' with the key from the previous step, and 'YOUR_EMAIL' with the email for the device's primary user:
msiexec /i vanta.msi /passive /qn VANTA_OWNER_EMAIL="email@example.com" VANTA_KEY="VANTA_KEY"
- The Vanta agent will run as a silent installation. Once completed, the installer can be removed by running the command
Troubleshooting Installation Errors
- If continual installation issues are encountered, additional logs can be generated by adding the flag
/l*v vanta.logto the installation command
msiexec /l*v vanta.log /i vanta.msi /passive /qn
- Please send this file to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you further!