Any person appearing on the Vanta people can be added as a Vanta admin or editor, even users outside of an organization and are not in the company's identity provider, or human resources provider.
- First, make sure the user is added to the Vanta People page
Add user to the people page:
- Go to the Vanta People page.
- Click +Add a person.
- Enter in user's first name, last name, email, and start date.
- Click +Add.
Once the user is added to the People page, the user can be added as a Vanta admin/editor:
- Go to Settings > Users permissions
- On the top righthand side of this page you'll see a "+Add user" button. Please follow this order of operations: "Choose user" from the dropdown > Select either Admin or Editor from the dropdown > Select the "Save" button. Please note, you'll use "With identity provider" if the person is present on your People page. You would select "With email address" if the user was not present on the People page in Vanta.
Issue: The user does not appear in the dropdown menu.
Be sure the user has been added to the Vanta people page, and is showing as an active employee, or invite them using the "With email address" option on the pop-up.