The Controls Page within Vanta shows all of your account's controls. These controls can then be filtered, edited, and assigned.
Accessing the Controls Page
- From the left-hand navigation panel, select Controls
- This will take you to your company's custom controls page, which lists all of the customer controls created within your account
Searching & Filtering Custom Controls
- To search for a specific control, use the search bar at the top left-hand corner of the page. The results will appear in the list below.
- To filter custom controls, choose
- Category: Control Category, administrative, physical, technical, fundamental, derived
- Standard: The standard that the control maps to
- Owner: Who is responsible for this custom control
- On the right-hand side of the control, click the three dots
- Click Remove
- A dialogue box will appear with information about the control and its mapped frameworks.
- Update the Effective date for when control deprecation went into effect
- Click the Remove button
This will remove the control from the control page. Please note that Removing a Custom-Created control will be permanently deleted.
Adding Removed Controls
- Click on the More button on the top right corner of the Controls page
- Select Browse other Vanta controls
- This will bring you to the Vanta Control Library
- Find the control in the list
- Click Add control
- A dialogue box will pop up
- Update the Effective Date when the control went into effect
- Click the Add button