Converting an Employee to a Contractor
- To convert a contractor to an employee, you first want to offboard the the contractor
- This will ensure the user is properly offboarded as a contractor, and that information will be maintained in Vanta for your records.
- Once the contractor has been offboarded, you will want to start the onboarding process from scratch with the user marked as an employee.
- Once the user has been onboarded as an employee, review their access from the access page. You may need to reassign their access to the current contractor user
You can reassign access by:
- Open the access page, and use the search bar to look for the user
- If the access needs to be reassigned to the new contractor user, select reassign and choose the appropriate person from the dropdown