Vanta now allows to ignore or pause vulnerabilities until a specified date. This is helpful if your company is choosing to hold off on remediating a vulnerability until a fix is available or to extend the due date due to an exception they raised with their auditor.
- From the left-hand navigation panel, select Vulnerabilities
- Findings by Vulnerability to view all vulnerabilities identified from monitored assets
- Select the Vulnerabilities you would like to deactivate by clicking the checkbox icon
- Select Deactivate monitoring
- Choose the date and time in which you would like the vulnerability to become active again and the reason for which you are temporarily ignoring the vulnerability
- Select if you would like the vulnerability to be deactivated on every asset it has been found on, or by a specific asset
- Deactivate Indefinitely or Deactivate until a specific date by using the calendar picker
- Select a reason for deactivating the Vulnerability
- Select Deactivate
View all Deactivated Vulnerabilities
- To view or edit ignore vulnerabilities, choose Deactivated vulnerabilities from the vulnerabilities page
Please keep in mind that deactivating a vulnerability in Vanta does not deactivate the vulnerability in any integrated vulnerability scanner.