Connecting Via OAuth
- Vanta connects to your Heroku account via OAuth
- Sign in to Heroku to connect
- Click Connect to Heroku to get started
- It will take you to the Heroku login page and request that you sign in. Once you do, you're taken back to Vanta
- If you sign in on a different tab before connecting in Vanta, the connection is instant.
Adding Heroku Apps
- Once authenticated, you'll be taken to a resource selection prompt where you will decide which Heroku apps you want Vanta to have access to
- The default choice is to Monitor all Apps
- Uncheck this if you select Apps to monitor manually
- Once you've selected the apps you want to monitor, Click save to finalize the connection.
- Once you save the connection, you should see a graphic in the top right corner indicating everything was successful
- You may now view the resources scoped on the connection.
Please note that MFA on Heroku can't come through unless the customer is using an Enterprise version
- The 'Add Heroku Apps' section does not display any results, and no resources are visible
Confirm third-party OAuth access to the Heroku Platform API is enabled in the
Settings tab of the Enterprise Team. See this Heroku article for instructions on how to check this.