Our instance says domain not found; how can we log in? We are in the EU data center.
- Be sure to log in using app.eu.vanta.com! Please note that some links from our website and other resources will automatically take you to app.vanta.com, be sure to check the domain and ensure you are trying to access the EU version.
Can we receive alerts in another language (French, Spanish, German)?
- Under the Settings page, you can now change your Company and Account languages. These are currently only being used to change the language of your email and Slack notifications. Email translations are configured at a company level, whereas Slack notifications are configured at the account level. If you have configured your account language and aren’t receiving notifications in that language, please log a technical support ticket (https://help.vanta.com/hc/en-us/requests/new ). We also offer our policy templates in French, Spanish, and German.
Can my policies be in another language?
- Many auditors have translators or can support policies and documents in languages other than English, just be sure to check with them.
Background checks aren’t legal in my country. What should I do?
- Your auditor will align with local regulations and will not expect you to do official background checks if they aren’t legal in your region. Instead, you should show some kind of vetting process for your new hires. This can be via reference calls from previous employers, interview notes, or resumes.
Does it matter whether our instance is in the NA or EMEA data center?
- No, you can get compliant regardless of which data center you are using. US servers are completely fine under GDPR from a legal perspective, and our DPA, which implements the SCCs, gives you a legal basis for the transfer.
Can we be compliant without using the Vanta Agent?
- The Vanta Agent is currently projected to be available in the EU data center around Q3, although there is not a hard date of release. However, in the meantime, there are some alternative solutions. You can connect via one of our integrations (https://app.vanta.com/integrations?state=available&servicecategory=MOBILE_DEVICE_MANAGEMENT_TOOL ), or upload manual evidence.
- You can create a custom onboarding task to have employees upload this evidence, so you don’t need to contact each employee to collect this.