Watermarking helps protect your documents by marking downloaded copies of a resource with the name of the recipient of that resource. Should a copy make it into the wrong hands, the watermark would indicate where that version of the document came from.
How does watermarking work?
A watermark will be applied to every page of a downloaded PDF resource. The watermark will be comprised of the following information and will be applied diagonally across each page in the downloaded PDF:
- User’s email (if logged-in)
- User’s name (if logged in)
- “Trustpage” for an anonymous user
- Date and time the file was downloaded
- Watermarking is enabled by default for all PDF resources.
- We don't currently support watermarking for encrypted documents.
- Watermarking is available for any of our paid plans.