What is a Trust Center?
- A Trust Center is a single connected hub for building trust with prospects and customers by outlining your business security posture.
The problems with trust and compliance today:
- Systems are outdated
- Processes are manual
- Language is localized
What makes an effective Trust Center?
- An effective Trust Center should enable shorter sales cycles and a greater sense of trust for everyone who interacts with your organization by providing transparency and visibility into the security and compliance practices in one centralized hub and streamlining all trust-related communication.
Here are some terms and how we define areas of a Trust Center
- Security Posture
- Refers to the overall security status of your software and hardware assets, networks, services, and information.
- A security posture contains categories like compliance, privacy, reliability, or the types of subprocesses your company or organization is using.
- Your security posture is made up of several security topics. These topics include things like compliance and privacy.
- Topics are things like GDPR, CCPA, SOC2, etc
- The state of practices, processes, and human behaviors that are in place and can be measured.
- Examples: Locks on doors, auto-locking computers, things you will typically check off on security questionnaires
Anatomy of a Trust Center
- The Overview is where yyou'llfind a summary of your ccompany'ssecurity posture. IIt'salso what your customers and prospects see for the first time, so think about what information tthey'dwant to see here, and then add it!
- The FAQ section allows you to post answers to the security-related questions often asked in your Trust Center. Address your customer's needs by showing you're an expert on security-related topics.
- The Resources section lets you publish things like documents, certifications, white papers, and questionnaires to your Trust Center. Customers can then access and download the resources you post.
- The Roadmap section allows you to publish updates about your security posture—posts about improvements to security features, compliance certification updates, and overall business and product improvements.
Proactive & Continuous Communication
- Trust and security is an ongoing conversation with you and your customers. A good trust center communicates what features are being developed to provide the most secure experience possible.