Chathop allows customers to connect tools like Vanta using an API Token. By connecting your Charthop account with Vanta, Vanta is able to make API calls as the app, allowing you to connect to find people and use onboarding/offboarding dates from your HR system.
- Vanta leverages Merge, a third-party platform, to pull in your data from Charthop. See their documentation for details on the API interactions used.
- Navigate to the Integrations Page in Vanta and locate the Chathop connector. Click on Connect.
- A pop-up will display letting you know that we use Merge.dev a third-party platform to pull in your data from Charthop.
- A popup module is displayed, allowing you to review the requested permissions. Click on continue after reviewing the affected read data.
- You will then be asked for your ChartHop Subdomain in order to make sure that we connect to the correct instance.
- After hitting next you will then be prompted to follow the instructions below in order to get your Charthop API Key.
- After clicking submit you should see a screen that says Merge is setting up the integration with Vanta.
- You should then see a "Connected to Charthop" message after a few moments.
- On the next screen the connection window will confirm the permissions are available for the user that connected the integration.
- If the user can successfully access the required data, it will then on the next screen show you a date scoping window. this will determine how far back Vanta will import users from. It is important to at least set the date to the beginning of your audit period if in audit.
- Once you hit continue you will be presented with a "Proliant Connected!" screen, from here you can configure additional scope on the users that are imported if required.