With Vanta, the default security requirements can be changed for all users or a subset of employees. For example, if you want contractors to have different needs than full-time employees, you can create a group for them.
- First, you must create a group to move someone to it. Head to the Groups page located within the sidebar. Click the Create a group button:
- If you have another group that you wish to copy the security requirements and custom onboarding steps, select it from the drop-down. Otherwise, click Create
- NOTE: You must create all security requirements and custom steps before adding users to the group. Otherwise, as detailed below, you'll have to publish changes to the group using the "Publish changes" button.
- NOTE: You will not be able to "View checklist" unless there are members in the newly created group, the Checklists page will not load and you'll receive an error message:
Create Custom Onboarding Steps and Security Requirements
- For this, you will want to head Checklists page! You will see a list of checklists on the left side; choose the group you just created:
- From there, you will be able to click on the security requirements to customize:
- If you wish to add custom steps, click Add Task:
- You'll be able to title the task, add instructions, and choose whether they need to upload an attachment or additional information (think a screenshot of completion or perhaps the name of an account required to create)
- If you add custom tasks or make changes to the security requirements after adding user(s) to the group, you will need to publish the updates! Click on the "Publish changes" button:
- Please note in the pop-up that appears, your options are to Include all employees in this group, meaning that any member in the group will have the change apply to them when you click Publish.
- If you select Include current and future onboarding employees, this change will apply to the members currently in the onboarding group and any members who will be added to the onboarding group.
Add Users to the Group
- You'll want to head to the People Page. Search for the user you wish to add to the group and click the '...' for that user:
- Select Edit details. In the pop-up, select the new group from the drop-down:
- Click save, and the user is now in their new group!