Vanta's Office integration enables you to control which employees should be automatically marked in and out of scope in Vanta by creating and managing the "Vanta O365 Integration" app assignments within Azure.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to consult your CSM and / or auditor to validate the set of accounts that should and should not be managed by Vanta.
- Login to Azure and navigate to the Enterprise applications page to find the "Vanta O365 Integration" app:
- Assign the Vanta O365 Integration app in Azure to the desired employees or groups:
Validate account assignments
- Vanta recommends creating an automated provisioning process to assign the Vanta app to new employees, or at least ensuring that you have developed a process.
Enable the feature in Vanta
- Open the Integrations page
- Select Configure scope
- Enable the IdP scoping toggle:
- Once this feature is enabled, all user scope will be managed through Azure and the scoping toggle in Vanta will be disabled. Vanta will update the scope status for IdP accounts on the next data fetch, which happens on an hourly basis.