Intro to Vanta Trust Report
Vanta Trust Report is the way to demonstrate a commitment to security by proactively sharing your security program details–that you’ve been working so hard to achieve–with customers and prospects.
The Trust Report Home is where you will create your Trust Report for the first time. From Home you can also:
- Preview, edit, and share the report
- View statistics of who has access to the report and how many views it has
- Manage access to the report
- Check analytics for total views, page views, and document downloads
- Review the remediation section to see what is in your report and how to make it stronger
Every report will include the real-time monitoring of your company’s controls by Vanta and when they were last checked.
Additionally, for each report, you can add:
- Customer color scheme branding, your company logo, and description
- Email address for your company’s security contact
- FAQs to the most commonly asked questions you receive about your security
- Append documents, links, questionnaires, reports, certificates, and more to bring data from into Vanta
- List the types of data your company does and does not collect
- Employee personal identifiable information
- Customer personally identifiable information
- Credit card information
- Personal health information
Documents can be added from Vanta or uploaded from your desktop. We suggest you include:
- Link to your company’s security page
- SOC 2 report
- ISO 27001 report
- Penetration tests
- Policy report
- Previously filled out security questionnaires
- Anything else you want to include
TIP: The Overview page shows your top four documents. Customers and prospects can access the rest of your documents from your Documents tap.
Use the FAQ section of the Trust Report to proactively address those commonly asked questions your organization gets asked time and time again. Examples of what you should include in your FAQs…
- Commonly asked security questions, permission requirements, data storage locations, and/or anything that your sales or security team gets frequently asked
TIP: The FAQ tab displays all your questions and answers, while the Overview page shows your top four FAQs.
Vanta pulls your monitored controls directly from your Vanta platform and surfaces them in your Trust Report. The more passing controls you display, the better results you'll see from your Trust Report.
While this section is not editable from your Trust Packet, you can view non-passing controls that require remediation in order to include them in your Trust Report.
- A Vanta admin/editor can add an email address to the Trust Report
- Set an expiration date or not
- The recipient gets an email with a link that allows only them to view the Trust Report
- A Vanta admin/editor can change the link setting to public. This means anyone with the link can access the Trust Report.
- The recipient will receive an email where they will need to enter their email in order to receive a secure link to view the Trust Report.
Once you start sending your Trust Report to customers and prospects, you’ll want to track how it performs. Locate tracking information in the Stats section on the Trust Report home page.
The Stats section of your Trust Report will provide a high-level glance at how people interact with your Trust Report:
- Number of unique viewers
- Pages viewed
- Documents downloaded