To split up work across your team, you can assign items in Vanta to specific people. Vanta will automatically notify that person of work so that you don't have to. This article will explain how assignment works and how to set them up.
Who and what you can I assign?
Vanta supports assignment in the following places:
You can assign any person in your Vanta account, not just admins! If the user is not a Vanta admin, they'll see a stripped-down test and document view.
- To assign an owner to an item, click Edit under the owner column. Hover over the owner's name, or the word Unassigned. You will see a pen icon become available to edit ownership
- Select a user from the dropdown to configure an assignee.
- You can quickly find which items are unassigned or assigned to a specific person by using the filter at the top.
- By default, Vanta will send alerts on each item to the assigned people.
- Each assignee can see the list of alerts and configure the behavior on their own Account notifications page.
What non-admin assignees can do
- Non-admin users see a stripped-down page where they can:
- Create task tracker tickets from Vanta (for supported task trackers)
- Deactivate or reactivate monitored items
- Add, remove, or update document evidence or URLs
- Non-admin users cannot:
- Deactivate the test or document
- Export data
- Refresh tests
- Access any pages outside their assigned evidence or notification preferences
If there are individuals on your team outside of the test owner who would benefit from receiving notifications of test failures, you can now add up to ten emails as subscribers to the test.
- Open the Test page
- Click into the test you would like to add additional subscribers to
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and find the Subscriber's fields
- Add up to ten emails
- This can also include a team's mailing list or the mailing address of a slack channel
- Notifications will be batched and sent to every team's mailing list or the mailing address for four hours in the event of any test failures