This is a guide to explain what is meant by the "Upcoming" test.
On your Tests dashboard, you may see some tests are Upcoming.
An upcoming test is either:
- A new test - for example, if AWS adds a new database type, Vanta will add new tests that check that database's configuration.
- An update to an existing test - for example, if a compliance standard starts requiring policies to be renewed annually, Vanta would update its policies tests to check for annual completion.
Upcoming tests have a rollout date:
- Until this date passes, the test does not have its history tracked and is not visible to auditors.
- This gives you "heads up" time to address the test before it starts being part of your audit.
- After the date passes, the test will begin recording history and become part of your normal security and compliance task list.