- Your HRIS
- Your identity provider
- Information you submit directly in Vanta
If employee info from a particular provider is marked out-of-scope, Vanta will not monitor or consider it.
- From your HRIS, Vanta automatically links HR info with a person based on a combination of email address and name matching. You can also manually link HR info with people via the Manage HR data dialog on the People page.
Offboarding - HRIS
- A person marked as inactive or terminated in their HRIS will trigger offboarding in Vanta. Ex-employees can no longer login to Vanta.
Note: Since Vanta prioritizes HR info more than IDP info, a person with inactive HR info can enter offboarding even if their IDP is still active.
- From your IDP, Vanta automatically creates people in Vanta if no existing person is found. It’s not possible to unlink or re-link IDP info associated with a person in Vanta with another person.
Offboarding - IDP
- A deleted or suspended IDP account will trigger offboarding for the linked person in Vanta (unless this person is still linked to an active HRIS account.)
- On the People page, you can manually Add a person
You can edit by clicking on Edit details in the person detail drawer
- You can only edit a manually-managed person. Otherwise, this info is managed in your HRIS or IDP.
- You can manually initiate offboarding on the Offboarding tab of this person, by hitting the Offboard button