Admins may want to sometimes offboard an employee in Vanta but keep the former employee’s inbox active after their offboarding date for various reasons. This is possible by using the suspension or block sign-in feature of your identity provider.
- Google Workspace’s suspension feature will classify users as 'Ex-employees' in Vanta and gives administrators a minimum of 30 days to forward emails, or change ownership of the drive data.
- You can learn more here: .
- Microsoft Office 365 does not have a suspension feature, rather administrators block sign-in for the user. This allows the inbox to stay active while preserving user data. When this action is detected, Vanta will trigger the offboarding flow for the user.
- You can learn more about here:
Okta and One Login
- Okta and One Login, while not traditional mailboxes, have a suspension feature that will classify users as 'Ex-employees' in Vanta while not deactivating (in Okta) or deleting (in OneLogin) the account .
- You can learn more about this in one of the articles below: