Minimum Viable Secure Product is a minimalistic security checklist for B2B software and business process outsourcing suppliers. MVSP is a modern, open-source control set co-created by leading technology companies and oriented towards software development organizations.
Who should follow MVSP?
- It is recommended that all companies building B2B software
- B2B companies that are handling sensitive information
What is the timeline for MVSP compliance?
- Approximately 40 hours of preparation.
What can Vanta automate?
- Vanta has automated technical tests and document requests for every control.
Does MVSP require a formal audit?
- No. MVSP compliance requires self-attestation.
- MSVP is an excellent option for smaller companies that need to prepare for significant compliance efforts, such as SOC 2; instead, they use MVSP as a baseline to ensure the security posture of their MVP. Vanta helps automate this process by running tests against the appropriate controls and managing necessary documents and evidence.