Basecamp allows customers to connect tools like Vanta using OAuth2. Customers configure a BaseCamp account and after connecting with Vanta, Vanta is able to make API calls as the app.
- Log into the https://app.vanta.com/
- In the Vanta Dashboard, use the menu (left-side) and navigate to the Integrations button
- Click on the Available tab
- Filter by the service BaseCamp
- Then click on the Connect button (this will open a modal window)
- Select whether you want to enable read and write access or only read.
- Write access is required if you wish to create tickets from Vanta.
- After your selection then click on "Connect BaseCamp" (This will open the below modal)
- Review the permissions and make sure it reflects your selection (Read Only or Read and Write) and then hit Continue.
- It will then take you to this modal, please follow the instructions to enter your basecamp subdomain id and then click Submit.
- At the next modal, it will ask you to authorize at the BaseCamp website, click open window to go there.
- It will take you to a new page at the BaseCamp Website asking you to allow access to Merge and Vanta in order to connect to us, click "Yes, I'll allow access" to continue.
- It will then close the window and bring you back to Vanta with a message that says it is setting up the integration.
- The message should then update to a success message.
- You will then need to hit continue a few more times until you get to the successful Vanta modal below.
- From now on you will be able to manage the connection on the Vanta Integrations page.