Digital Ocean allows customers to connect tools like Vanta using OAuth. By connecting your Digital Ocean account with Vanta, Vanta is able to make API calls as the connecting user, allowing you to display your droplets, load balancers, and more within Vanta under the Inventory page.
Integrating with Digital Ocean
- From the left-hand navigation panel, select Integrations
- Select the Available tab, and search for Digital Ocean
- Select Connect
- a pop-up modal will appear; select Connect Digital Ocean
- Vanta will then redirect you to Digital Ocean, if you are not logged in you will need to log in first.
- Digital Ocean will then ask you to select an account, and to authorize the application to Vanta.
- When returning to Vanta you will be presented with a pop-up modal asking if you use Digital Ocean spaces.
- If you do not use Digital Ocean Spaces then just select 'Not Now'
- Afterwards if the user had the correct permissions you will be presented with a successful connection screen and the ability to manage the scope of what the inventory pulls in.
Configure the Scope
- Establish which Digital Ocean inventory items should be marked in or out of scope for your audit
- You can configure scopes later by clicking on Configure scope on the connected Digital Ocean card from the integrations page