Supabase allows customers to connect tools like Vanta using OAuth. By connecting your Supabase account with Vanta, Vanta can make API calls as the connecting user, allowing you to display information in Supabase within Vanta under the Access page & Inventory Page
Improvements have been made to the Vanta and Supabase integrations, if you have already connected to Supabase, follow these instructions to utilize the new functionality.
Integrating with Supabase
- From the left-hand navigation panel, select Integrations
- Select the Available tab, and search for Supabase
- Select Connect
- A pop-up modal will appear; select Connect Supabase
- You will be asked to log into Supabase before continuing if you are not logged in.
- If you are logged in, you will be greeted with the authorization screen below.
- Click on Authorize to continue and be redirected back to Vanta.
- You should return to Vanta with a successful connection screen like the one below
Configure the Scope
- Establish which Supabase items should be marked in or out of scope for your audit
- You can configure scopes later by clicking on Configure scope on the connected Supabase card from the integrations page
Vanta has recently improved the Supabase integration by introducing more security tests to improve your security and compliance posture. To do that, the Supabase integration requires additional permissions, which require certain customers to reconnect the integration.
- To reconnect your Supabase integration, navigate to the Integrations Page and click the Reconnect button on the banner
- You can avoid deleting the connection, as that will lead to loss of scoping and other metadata from the integration once it's reconnected