The GitLab integration allows you to connect both Cloud & Self-Managed types of GitLab instances.
For GitLab self-managed instances, please see Connecting Vanta & GitLab Self-Managed instance.
Gitlab Cloud allows customers to connect tools like Vanta using OAuth. By connecting your GitLab Cloud account with Vanta, Vanta is able to make API calls as the connecting user, allowing you automates the collection of evidence for your code repository configurations, pull request workflows, and security issue tracking.
Integrating with GitLab Cloud
- From the left-hand navigation panel, select Integrations
- Select the Available tab, and search for GitLab
- Select Connect
- Vanta will request access to your GitLab account; select Connect to GitLab Cloud
- You will be redirected to sign in to your GitLab account. You will need to log in as the owner of the GitLab group you wish for Vanta to scan.
- GitLab cloud is now connected. Resources will begin populating within the hour.
Configure the Scope
- Establish which GitLab items should be marked in or out of scope for your audit
- You can configure scopes later by clicking on Configure scope on the connected GitLab card from the integrations page