The Computers page serves as an overview of the computers that are being monitored by your company with the help of the Vanta agent or a supported MDM (mobile device manager).
Computers with the Vanta Agent Installed
Once the Vanta Agent has been installed on your employee's computers, a list will populate. Each row includes information about each of your employee's computers. Each user will have a check mark or an X for each security measure column.
Accessing the Computers Page
- Select Computers from the left-hand navigation panel
- From here, you will find a list of assets being monitored and tracked within Vanta
- Clicking a specific User name will show you additional information related to the person, such as their onboarding status, what access they have, offboarding status, and computer information
A green check indicates that the asset's security protocol has been met. An X means the asset does not have that security protocol met.
- Owner: The owner of the asset
- Monitoring: What is monitoring this asset?
- OS: What OS is the asset running on?
- PW: Does this asset use a password manager?
- HD: Is the hard drive encrypted?
- AV: Is an anti-virus installed?
- SL: Is screen lock enabled? (Does the device lock after inactivity)
- Last Check: When was the last time this asset was scanned by the agent or MDM
Reassigning or Removing a Computer
- Select a specific name from the list
- From the Computers tab, scroll to the bottom and choose:
- Reassign owner: Chose a new user to have ownership over the asset
- Remove computer: Removing a computer is permanent. Once removed, to have the laptop reappear, the user will need to reinstall the Vanta Agent.
Exporting Computer List
- To export the list of your assets, click Export from the top right-hand side of the page.
- This will start a download for the .csv file of the computers list.
- If a machine has the Vanta Agent installed but is not populated on this page, click on the Troubleshooting link at the bottom of the page:
- The pop-up text box will provide steps for macOS, Windows, and Linux machines:
- Employees who do not have the Vanta Agent installed will be listed under the "Unmonitored" tab:
Automated Vanta Agent Install with MDM
- If you do not want your employees to self-install the Vanta Agent, you have the option of running a script for automated installation on your MDM-provisioned computers. That script can be located on the Use your MDM system to install the Vanta Agent at the bottom of the page.
Security of the Vanta Agent
- Go to the bottom of the page and click learn more to get more information on the security of the Vanta Agent: