There may be instances where you need to disable monitoring for a specific test. If the entire test is not essential to keep or is not required, you can deactivate it.
Disabling a Test
- Open the Tests page from the left-hand navigation panel, and choose the appropriate Category.
- Click into the specific test you would like to deactivate
- In the top right-hand corner, select More and choose Deactivate Monitoring
- This will stop Vanta's automatic monitoring of this test and remove it from your list of failing tests. If you disable monitoring, Vanta will not notify you about potential misconfigurations that may make you less secure. We recommend doing so only if you have effective controls to monitor this or if this test does not apply to your company.
- You can also provide additional information, such as your reason for deactivating the test and evidence to support your reasoning.
- When ready, select Deactivate.
View Deactivated Tests
- To view all tests that have been deactivated, select All deactivated tests under Categories on the Tests page.
- Open the Tests page, and select the option All deactivated tests under Category.
- Click into the test you would like to reenable
- From the top right-hand corner, select More and select Reactivate from the drop-down.