The enhanced Okta integration makes it easy to define which employees should be added to Vanta and which should be kept out of scope. By using your IdP as the source of truth for employee scoping, you’ll reclaim the lost time spent managing multiple applications and benefit from a faster, simpler workflow.
- Log in to Okta and navigate to the Assignments tab for the Vanta app
- Assign the Vanta app in Okta to the desired employees or groups. For setup instructions, visit the Okta help center
Validate account assignments
- Vanta recommends creating an automated provisioning process to assign the Vanta app to new employees.
Enable the Feature in Vanta
- Navigate to the Integrations Page
- Click the ellipsis - the three-dot menu - next to Okta and select Configure the scope
- Enable the IdP scoping toggle:
- Once this feature is enabled, all user scope will be managed through Okta, and the scoping toggle in Vanta will be disabled. Vanta will update the scope status for IdP accounts on the following data fetch, which happens hourly.
Be sure to consult your CSM and/or auditor to validate the set of accounts that should and should not be managed by Vanta.