Vanta's GSuite integration enables you to control which employees should be automatically marked in and out of scope in Vanta by creating and managing a Vanta group within GSuite.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to consult your CSM and / or auditor to validate the set of accounts that should and should not be managed by Vanta.
- Login to GSuite and navigate to Directory > Groups in the sidebar:
- If the Vanta group (name needs to be exact) does not exist yet, you can make one by clicking Create group. The name needs to be exactly "Vanta."
- Assign a group in GSuite to the desired employees or groups. For setup instructions, visit the GSuite help center:
Validate account assignments
Enable the feature in Vanta
- Navigate to the Integrations
- Click the ellipsis - the three-dot menu - next to GSuite and select Configure scope
- Enable the IdP scoping toggle:
- Once this feature is enabled, all user scope will be managed through GSuite, and the scoping toggle in Vanta will be disabled. Vanta will update the scope status for IdP accounts on the following data fetch, which happens hourly.
- Please keep in mind that if users are scoped out in Gsuite, they will not appear in Vanta.