To leverage this integration, Confluence must first be connected through the integrations page within Vanta.
Add Policy Label
When syncing policies from Confluence, Vanta will be looking for the policy label.
- Log into Confluence and mark any Confluence pages with a policy label that Vanta should pull in.
- Navigate into the page and click the +Add label button on the bottom
- Next, add the label policy
Sync Policy in Vanta
Once your Confluence pages have the policy label added, the next step is to sync the policies into Vanta.
- Navigate to the Policies page in Vanta
- Click the Start button next to the policy you wish to create or navigate to the previously created policy.
- Under Start a new version, click the Sync a file option
- This will pull up a list of policies from Confluence that have the policy label you added in previous steps.
- Select the policy you wish to sync. This will then create a new version to go through the approval flow.
Edit a Policy in Confluence
- When needed, edit the policy in Confluence
- Vanta regularly fetches any synced policies and will detect when a change has been made, triggering the approval flow.
Policies are synced from Confluence into Vanta once an hour, but will not affect any previously approved policies.