In order to pass the Inventory list tracks resources that contain user data test, you'll need to mark at least one resource on your inventory page as containing User Data.
How to Fix:
- On the Inventory page, navigate to one of the following inventory resource tabs where you have resources; storage buckets, databases, PaaS apps, queues, data warehouses, or custom items
- Ensure that the following resource types that contain user data have been flagged:
- storage buckets
- PaaS apps
- data warehouses
- or custom items you have added to your inventory list.
- By user data, we mean any PII (personally identifiable information) data.
- Examples include
- full name
- driver’s license
- credit card information
- passport information
- financial information
- medical records
- For this test to pass, at least one of these resource types on the inventory page must have the Contains user data option set to Yes.
- Under the chosen resource tab, hover your mouse over the ENCRYPTION / USER DATA column for the resource that contains user data
- Click on the Pencil icon that appears
- Change the dial to Yes and click the Save button
- Once the test runs again, it will begin passing
Common Reasons For Failure:
- The only resource that was marked as containing user data is no longer in scope in Vanta
- The resource does not match one of the following resource types.
storage buckets, databases, PaaS apps, queues, data warehouses, or custom items
- You haven't marked any resources as containing user data