When integrating an AWS account, customers have the option to connect using CloudFormation:
Once you have selected the options above, select Next in the bottom right corner to continue with the next steps.
- On the next page, select if you will be integrating a standard AWS account or an AWS GovCloud account:
- Next, select which AWS products that you would like Vanta to scan:
- On the following screen, download the .yaml file provided here:
- Navigate to AWS CloudFormation and create a new Stack using the "With new resources (standard)" option:
- On the Create Stack page, select the following options and upload the .yaml file you downloaded from Vanta:
- On the Specify stack details page provide a stack name and the other parameters should be pre-filled based on the file you previously uploaded:
- There is no need to Configure stack options, you can leave the defaults or update them as you wish, and move on to review.
- At the bottom of the Review page, ensure to select the acknowledgement at the bottom of the page and hit Submit
- Once the stack completes, you can click on the "Outputs" tab and copy the role ARN that was created:
- After you've copied the role ARN, you can head back to Vanta and paste it here:
- After clicking next, you can configure the regions that you would like Vanta to read in resources from and mark any resources out of scope as necessary!