Why am I being charged sales tax?
- For customers in the United States, Vanta is required to charge and collect taxes on sales in certain jurisdictions requiring laws requiring the taxation of our products, AND Vanta has either a physical presence or has met certain economic thresholds within that jurisdiction. These taxes vary by jurisdiction but include sales and excise or privilege taxes.
- For customers located in the United States where Vanta’s products are taxable but Vanta does not have a physical presence or has not yet met the economic thresholds, no sales tax will be charged. This, however, may change in the future due to changes in law or Vanta meeting any of the requirements for assessing and collecting tax in that jurisdiction.
Why were we not charged sales tax before?
- There are conditions that Vanta has to meet to be subjected to charging its customer's sales tax in each jurisdiction. In the past, Vanta has been remitting sales tax on customers’ behalf for those jurisdictions where Vanta met those conditions. In the future, Vanta will charge customers and pay sales tax to appropriate tax agencies.
What happens with the sales tax collected?
- The entire amount charged to a customer for sales tax is remitted to the required jurisdiction, and Vanta retains no amounts.
How is sales tax calculated?
- On your invoice, sales tax is calculated based on Vanta’s determination of the taxability of the product(s) you purchased, the address information provided by you, and the tax rate of the applicable jurisdiction where you are located. If you need to update your address information, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
What if my business is exempt from sales tax?
- Certain businesses, such as non-profit organizations, educational institutions, and others, may have tax exemptions in various jurisdictions. If your company has an exemption certificate, please get in touch with the Vanta Billing team (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide a copy of the exemption certificate to Vanta. We will produce an updated invoice.
Where can I find a W-9?
- Please contact email@example.com
I want to update my billing information (billing address, billing contact email).
- You can go to app.vanta.com/billing and update your billing address and email within our Vanta app.
I want to change my company name for billing.
- Please send your official DBA documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org if it is a DBA. If it is not a DBA, please get in touch with your Account Manager to update your Vanta contract to the revised company name.
Is VAT included in my invoice?
- No, Vanta is not currently registered for VAT. Your invoice is not inclusive of VAT. If you have a VAT ID, please send it to email@example.com.
What currency is my invoice in?
- Your invoice is in US Dollars unless it is explicitly noted in a different currency on the invoice.
I need to verify banking details with someone on the billing team at Vanta.
- Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org, and someone on our Billing team will provide you with a phone number to verify your banking information.
I want to cancel my account
- Please reach out to your Account Manager to discuss this.
How do I pay my invoice?
- You can go to app.vanta.com/billing and view all your invoices. You may click on the open invoice icon, which will direct you to pay via credit card or ACH/wire.
I already paid my invoice, but the delinquency banner is still showing.
- It can take up to 24 hours for our systems to update. If this issue continues, please reach out to email@example.com.
I am locked out of my account, or I can’t access my account.
- Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can resolve this as soon as possible.
I paid the whole amount, but my receipt needs to show the total amount I paid.
- Please remember that sometimes, a bank fee is associated with your payment. If full payment is remitted, Vanta will absorb the bank fee. There's no need for anything else.
I need a PO on the invoice.
- Please provide any PO numbers to email@example.com.