The Vanta O365 enterprise application for Microsoft Office 365 allows you to enable SSO features for users managed in your Office 365 environment, creating frictionless login experience.
This guide assumes you are using Office 365 as your Primary IDP, and the integration has been connected in your Vanta instance.
- A minimum Microsoft 365 Business Standard + Azure AD Premium P1 subscription is required (see Vanta Integrations that may Require a Premium Service)
- 'Global Administrator' role in Microsoft Office365.
- If you have multiple IDPs connected, Office 365 must be set as your Primary IDP to use SSO login methods.
- Login to Azure and navigate to the Enterprise Applications page
- Search for Vanta O365, If you have multiple choose the one that is the most recent and click on it:
- You will be taken to the Overview page, there click Users and Groups:
- Click "+Add user/group"
- Then click Users and Groups, and then select the users you want to assign the Vanta app to.
If you want the application to be applied to all users, then it's recommended to select the 'All Users' group as seen in the screenshot below, as this will also include future uses added to the group.
- Now click 'Select', then 'Assign to finish assigning the app
Users will now be able to login by selecting 'Continue with Microsoft' on the Login page
- When attempting to login I'm redirected to a page saying "Account Not Found"
The most common cause for this error is the "Vanta O365" has not been assigned to that users profile in Azure, or they are not assigned to the group that automatically provisions the app.
Check that the user is:
- assigned to the group where the Vanta O365 app was applied
- has the app assigned to their Azure AD user profile
- Office365 is the primary source of their employment information (see here on how to check this)
- Is using the email address registered to their Vanta profile
If issues persist, please reach out to email@example.com with details on what troubleshooting you have already attempted, and we will be happy to help!