Render allows customers to connect tools like Vanta using API tokens. By connecting your Render account with Vanta, Vanta is able to make API calls with the token, allowing you to display users in Render within Vanta under the Access page.
Integrating with Render
- From the left-hand navigation panel, select Integrations
- Select the Available tab, and search for Render
- Select Connect
- a pop-up modal will appear; with instructions on creating an API token with Render.
- In a new tab, login to your Render account
Obtaining your Render API Key
- From the top right-hand corner, click on your email to open the account menu
- Select Account Settings
- Select API Keys from the sidebar
- Select "Create API Key" button from the right hand side.
- In the pop-up Modal, name your API Key, and click "Create API Key".
- We recommend naming the key Vanta so you know what it is linked to.
- After you click Create API Key you will be presented with the key to copy.
- Copy the API Key, and paste it back into the pop-up modal in Vanta and then click done in the bottom right.
Configure the Scope
- Establish which Render items should be marked in or out of scope for your audit
- You can configure scopes later by clicking on Configure scope on the connected Render card from the integrations page