The Vanta integration with Datadog automatically collects user access information and cloud infrastructure monitoring evidence. If you are using Datadog instead of or along with your cloud provider to monitor your cloud infrastructure, we will automatically collect all the evidence required for different compliance and security frameworks; no manual uploads required!
With the Datadog integration:
- Admins can see who has access to Datadog on the Access page in Vanta and satisfy controls around access management. Also, Vanta will remind you to remove access when an employee leaves your company.
- Auditors can verify evidence for infrastructure monitors that you may have created in Datadog to satisfy controls around infrastructure monitoring.
Connecting Vanta & Datadog
- To add a Datadog account to Vanta, you will need to navigate to the Integrations page, scroll to the Monitoring services section
- Click Connect, and select Datadog from the dropdown:
- After clicking Connect Datadog, you will be prompted to enter the Application Key, API Key, and select a region.
- For the Application key, create an application key on the (EU link ) in Datadog and input the key value in Vanta.
- For the API key, create an API key from the (EU link ) in Datadog and input the key value in Vanta.
- Only Datadog Admins can create API keys.
- For Region, choose US, US3, or EU. See to determine your region.
- Click Store token to complete the connection flow. To make updates or modifications, admins can go to the Connections page, scroll to the Monitoring services section and select the ... and select Edit:
Once you complete the connection, Vanta will automatically enable all the Datadog related tests in your environment. You can verify this by going to the Tests page, entering Datadog in the search box, and seeing a list of all the Datadog related tests based on your Datadog monitoring setup. Note: Except for the account access tests, all the other tests are in the Monitoring Alerts category on the Tests page.
- Note: Each passing or failing tests have a description or remediation steps accordingly to provide you with all the information.
Example of a passing test:
Example of a failing test: