The Controls Page within Vanta shows all of your account's controls. These controls can then be filtered, edited, and assigned.
Accessing the Controls Page
- From the left-hand navigation panel, select Controls
- This will take you to your company's custom controls page, which lists all of the customer controls created within your account
Searching & Filtering Custom Controls
- To search for a specific control, use the search bar at the top left-hand corner of the page. The results will appear in the list below.
- To filter custom controls, choose which option you would like to filter by
- Click on the Control you would like to edit
- From the top right corner, select the three-dot menu and choose Edit
- Edit the summary and description to your needs, and select Save Changes
Modifying your controls may have consequences for your audit. Please inform your auditor and Success Manager of any changes.
- On the right-hand side of the control, click the three dots
- Click Delete
- A pop-up modal about the control and its mapped frameworks will appear.
- Update the Effective date for when control deprecation went into effect
- Click the Delete button
This will remove the control from the control page. Please note that Removing a Custom-Created control will be permanently deleted.
Adding Removed Controls
- Click on the More button on the top right corner of the Controls page
- Select Browse other Vanta controls
- This will bring you to the Vanta Control Library
- Find the control in the list
- Click Add Control
- A dialogue box will pop up
- Update the Effective Date when the control went into effect
- Click the Add button