Set up healthy host count alerts in Amazon Cloudwatch or a 3rd party monitoring provider for your application and classic load balancers. Define alerts for at least one of the following metric categories:
- AWS Cloudwatch
- AWS Classic or Application ELB
For Classic and Application Load Balancers, We're reading these two metrics:
- Select one of the two Metrics, and continue
- Next, Configure the Alarm Conditions
- And finally, Configure the Notification type and any Action you'd like to take
The same steps apply for a Classic Load Balancer:
Once finished, you should see your new Alarm appear in the All Alarms dashboard!
Vanta will then pull this Load Balancer in and test to see if alarms are configured for those metrics.
- For ElasticBeanstalk, We look for the following Metric:
- Vanta cannot read your Queried Metrics for your Alarms:
- If you're using a Query to build your alarms, You may need to deactivate monitoring on that specific Load Balancer. You can upload a screenshot of your current Alarm config for manual evidence.