Having trouble getting the agent installed or getting the agent to report? We have some helpful hints to get things working!
What version of macOS is installed on the computer?
- The agent only works on macOS 11 or higher. Click the ‘apple’ in the upper left corner, and select About this Mac to see what you have installed! If you do not have 11 or later, you will need to upgrade your operating system before you can install the agent.
What if the MacOS version is up-to-date?
Obtain the doc output using the steps below.
- Open terminal (easiest way is cmd + space bar),
- copy/paste: sudo /usr/local/vanta/vanta-cli doctor
- Hit enter. It will then prompt you to input a password. (This is the password you use for opening your computer or installing applications.) (You will not see active typing, but the text is being captured.)
- Green checks are great! Any checks that don’t pass can give you clues into what could be wrong.
- If you are still unsure, just send the output to email@example.com and we’d be happy to assist!
Unable to get a doc output?
This means the agent wasn’t fully installed. You’ll want to uninstall completely and retry.
- Copy/paste sudo /usr/local/vanta/vanta-cli uninstall into the terminal (similar to before, you’ll need to enter the password you use to open your computer or download applications).
- Once uninstalled, you’ll need to visit https://app.vanta.com/downloads to reinstall. You should see the computer pop up on the computer’s page within a few minutes.