When using Jamf, Vanta will look at the email field under User and Location to assign ownership of a computer in Vanta. Below, we walk through how to view this field and manually assign an owner in Vanta if needed.
- In Jamf, Search Inventory
- Click on the computer
- Select User and Location
- View the email that currently exists for that profile
- Vanta will look at this email to see if there is a match within Vanta. If there is, Vanta will automatically assign ownership of that device to the corresponding employee.
- If the email doesn't match a current employee in Vanta, you can update this email field in Jamf so it aligns. Vanta will then assign the computers after the next data fetch.
- Another option would be to assign ownership via the Inventory Page by clicking the pencil icon next to the computer (please note: you will only be able to do this if the device is currently unassigned):