How to create a Custom Access Level and Non-Employee User for the BambooHR integration with Vanta
Creating a Custom Access Level in BambooHR
- In your BambooHR account, please click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen. This will take you to your settings page.
- From there, select Access Levels from the menu on the left, and click on the Add "+" button, and select "Custom Access Level"
- On the first page that opens, name the Custom Access Level (such as Vanta Integration Permissions), and a description. Once completed, click Next Step
- On the second step, "What this Access Level Can Do," click on Next Step without changing anything.
- On the third step "What this Access Level Can See," you can set the View Only permissions for Vanta (see below for detail). This will allow Vanta specific attributes from BambooHR.
- Please set the permissions under "See About Themselves" as follows:
- Select "Yes, Allow Access"
- Under "Which Access Level should apply?" -> choose "Full Access"
- Please set the permissions under "See About other Employees" as follows:
- Once selected, click "Save and Finish"
Your Custom Access Level for Vanta has now been created!
Creating a non-Employee User in BambooHR
- In your BambooHR account, please click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen. This will take you to your settings page.
- From there, select Access Levels from the menu on the left. This will show the access levels on your BambooHR account.
- Select the Custom Access Level you created, then select the smaller gear cog with a dropdown arrow. From the menu, select "Add a Non-Employee BambooHR User"
- On the page that opens, give the non-employee a name and an email that you or someone at your organization has access to, and set the Access Level to the Custom level created for this integration, and hit save:
- Once the user has been created, check the inbox for the account used to create the non-employee user for a welcome email. Follow the steps to create a password for the user. This step is important, as you will need to sign in to BambooHR with those user credentials in order to set up the Vanta integration!
For information on h