Creating a Custom Access Level in BambooHR
- In your BambooHR account, please click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen. This will take you to your settings page.
- From there, select Access Levels from the menu on the left, and click on the Add + button, and select Custom Access Level.
- On the first page that opens, name the Custom Access Level (such as Vanta Integration Permissions), and a description. Once completed, click Next Step
- On the second step, What this Access Level Can Do, click on Next Step without changing anything.
- On the third step What this Access Level Can See, you can set the View Only permissions for Vanta (see below for detail). This will allow Vanta specific attributes from BambooHR.
- Please set the permissions under "See About Themselves" as follows:
- Select Yes, Allow Access
- Under Which Access Level should apply?, choose Full Access
- Please set the permissions under See About other Employees as follows:
- Once selected, click "Save and Finish"
Your Custom Access Level for Vanta has now been created!
Creating a non-Employee User in BambooHR
- In your BambooHR account, please click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen. This will take you to your settings page.
- From there, select Access Levels from the menu on the left. This will show the access levels on your BambooHR account.
- Select the Custom Access Level you created, then select the smaller gear cog with a dropdown arrow. From the menu, select Add a Non-Employee BambooHR User
- On the page that opens, give the non-employee a name and an email that you or someone at your organization has access to, set the Access Level to the Custom level created for this integration, and hit save:
- Once the user has been created, check the inbox for the account used to create the non-employee user for a welcome email. Follow the steps to create a password for the user. This step is important, as you will need to sign in to BambooHR with those user credentials in order to set up the Vanta integration!