Converting an Employee to a Contractor
- To convert an employee to a contractor, you first want to offboard the employee.
- This will ensure the user is properly offboarded as an employee, and that information will be maintained in Vanta for your records.
- Once the employee has been offboarded, you will want to start the onboarding process from scratch with the user as a contractor.
- Once the user has been onboarded as a contractor, review their access from the access page. You may need to reassign their access to the current contractor user
You can reassign access by:
- Open the access page, and use the search bar to look for the user
- If the access needs to be reassigned to the new contractor user, select reassign and choose the appropriate person from the dropdown