This is a guide on how to manually install the Vanta Agent on a Mac device using Terminal.
- Administrator permissions on the device. If you do not have administrator access to your computer, You must contact the system administrator or IT team of your company.
- Vanta Admin permissions, or assistance from your Vanta Admin to obtain the Vanta Key & pre-generated script. We are unable to give it to you since the key is confidential information.
- Open terminal (easiest way is cmd + space bar & search for 'terminal')
- Locate the pre-generated script which contacts the company Vanta Key & Vanta Region. This can be provided to you by your admin.
- Paste the script into terminal, and replace the example text for VANTA_OWNER_EMAIL with the Vanta Registered email for the device's primary user
- The Vanta agent will run as a silent installation.