When offboarding employees from a connected HRIS integration, Vanta is looking for the 'end date' in order to kick off the offboarding process.
Some HRIS providers (ie Gusto) do not allow an end date to be set for contractors. This can result in a user profile displaying the status 'Inactive', limiting further offboarding actions
As a workaround, the user profile can be marked as 'Out of Scope' within the integrations resources.
- Navigate to your Integrations Page
- Click 'Configure Scope next to your HRIS connection.
- Search for the user and toggle them out of scope
Once this is completed, on the next data fetch the system will then look to your Identity Provider as the source of truth for this user. If the user has been deactivated in your IdP, the system should then pull in an end date for them and allow you to complete offboarding for the user.
- How to Manually Link/Unlink HR Data
- Off-boarding not reflecting in Vanta
- Frequently Asked Questions: How do I Mark Resources out of Scope?
- How Does a Person's Employment Status get Determined?