Are you having trouble getting the agent installed on Windows machines? Here are some common issues that may help you resolve them!
What version of Windows are you installing on?
- The Vanta Agent currently only supports Windows 10 and 11. We do not currently support Windows DataCenter or other windows server operating systems.
Did you install it as Admin?
- The agent requires Admin permissions to install, so right-click on the install package and select Run as Administrator.
Do you have a default browser set?
- Sometimes the installer will get stuck, and end prematurely if there is no default browser. This can be solved by making sure you have your default browser set (Chrome is preferred). The installer needs to open a browser window to complete registration and can time out if no default browser exists.
Still having issues?
- The agent has a built-in troubleshooting tool called the doctor. It runs checks for common issues, and helps you identify the issue easily!
To run the doctor:
- Search for cmd.exe in the search bar. Right-click and select “Run as Administrator.”
C:\ProgramData\Vanta\vanta-cli doctorand press
Green checks are great-- they mean the checks passed! Anything without a green check will let you know what may need attention to get the agent running. If you have further questions about it, please send the full output to firstname.lastname@example.org.